Curriculum Vitae

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fine Arts Extravaganza

I have not written a post here for a while, as I have been working on a big project that will come to fruition later this month.  The project is called the Fine Arts Extravaganza, and it is an evening of art auctions, musical and dramatic performances, and family-friendly activities that will be held at Blue Ridge Community College on Friday, April 29th at 7:00 in the evening.  The evening is a benefit to create scholarship opportunities so that underprivileged children can attend BRCC's educational summer program called Learning Can Be Fun.  (Learning Can Be Fun is an amazing program that my sons attend every summer with great joy.)

I am so happy to see that this project, which started as a small idea I had this fall, has really caught on.  I have had the privilege of working with an enthusiastic committee of dedicated staff members and students who are looking forward to helping on April 29th.  

As the evening will be a lot of fun for everyone, I encourage any local readers to bring their families to the Fine Arts Extravaganza.  Furthermore, I encourage you to share your ideas with others.  You may be pleasantly surprised by how a simple idea can blossom into something even better than you could have imagined.  

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment